What is a slab leak?
A slab is another name is the concrete foundation that many homes are built on. Water and sewer lines oftentimes run below the slab, and a leak can occur if those lines break or have corroded and release water under the foundation.
What Causes Slab Leaks?
There are quite a few causes of slab leaks, including:
- Damage from the building process
- Incorrect installation at the start
- Shifts in the foundation/ground
- Abrasion from concrete, gravel, or other pipes
- Corrosion from coming into contact with natural materials underground
Signs of a Slab Leak
The signs that you have a slab leak include:
- Sudden increases in the water bill
- Hearing running water when pipes aren’t in use
- Moisture beneath carpeting
- Standing water around the home’s perimeter
- Abnormally low water pressure
- Cracks in the baseboard or walls
- Damp floors
- Mold growth/moldy smell
If you suspect your home has slab leaks, contact the plumbing professionals at Fox Plumbing for fast and efficient repairs, 24/7!